Thanks Neville, and there's so much to know.  Only recently did it occur to
me (while I tend to be slow) that it's not good to drink too much CS (EIS)
too often, that there could be a concern about killing off the beneficial
bacteria.

Also, the other day I heard from another researcher in safe drinking water
that bacteria/ microbes can tend to colonize and grow within sand
filtration media.  I suggested to her that EIS at around 10 ppm might rid
the filter media of these microbes, but then it occurred to me that this
would presumably get into the filtered water; people subsequently drinking
it.  Maybe this would be good for them but I feel sure that there are those
who would be unhappy about it.

Similarly, for water collection in the developing world by the poor there's
a problem that they may tend not to clean out their water storage
containers.  Consequently when they put safe drinking water into the
containers it gets recontaminated due to microbes that colonize the inner
walls of the container.  Low concentration of EIS might take care of this,
similar to microbes within filter media,  but then people would end up
drinking this and some other people might get upset.  Again, there's so
much to know.