Dear MIke,
thank you, thank you -- it actually sounds simple.
But, as usual, I have more questions!

What is the difference between a volt-ohm meter and a PWT? And what is the
practical difference in terms of keeping your CS manufacture consistent?
I've already ordered the PWT -- but I assumed it was only useful for making
sure my distilled water was okay -- from your description it sounds like it
will also help me tell approximately where I am in the process as I make my
cs so I know where to end my run. So what would I need a voltage meter for?

And how do I tell if the water is good? If it is too conductive does that
mean there is too much stuff in it that I wouldn't want? And since I gather
it reads in Microseimens rather than ppm - what would be too high of a
reading?

It sounds rather complicated for me to use a voltage ohms meter with my
becks pulser since I would have to dismantle it in order to put anything in
series - so I'd just as soon not bother if I don't need to. Also, from
Chucks description I would have to get another silver electrode and add it
to the mix and I don't know how that would effect the cs production.

Thanks so much for taking time to explai all this -- it's really a big help.

Take care,
Katarina