Fellow CS'ers,

Of all the responses I received directly (1), there was one that
stood out from all the rest. It indicated the total surface area of
both electrodes is used to calculate the current density. There
was no mention of the reasoning behind the conclusion, so I am
still looking for more of the bits and pieces of the answer.

It seems to me,though,since the reason we care about low current
density is the apparent association with smaller silver particles
being released from the anode, we don't care what the current
density is at the cathode. That is to say, does the current
density at the cathode effect the particle size as much as the
density at the anode seems to?

If it does not, then it makes sense to me to figure the current
density on less than 100% of the *anode* wetted surface area and
perhaps in the 50% to 70% zone.

What be the thoughts of others?

Still drinking,

Daivd