Hi Carla,

On Tue, 01 Aug 2000 16:00:53 -0700, Carla Wainwright <car...@bccf.com>
wrote:

>I am new to using CS, but I read about the benefits of adding CS to
>our/animal's drinking water. However, when I added some to my cat's water
>bowl, I noticed that after a few hours, the water developed a dark grey
>tinge and film. I imagine this is because the CS reacted with some metals
>in the water (we are on a well). I threw it out, since I didn't think it
>was safe. Does this mean that I can't add CS to our water? If this is the
>case, how do you use CS to purify water if you need to drink something that
>you are unsure of?

I doubt there's any problem.

We have a reasonably deep well (160 ft) which we use for the dogs'
water to which I add CS.  At times the water might have a tinge (I
haven't noticed a film, but the puppies manage to step into the water
often, so it's kinda hard to tell where the problem comes from).  The
big thing I notice is that there is no longer green stuff growing in
the water or the sides of the bowl.

Our cats get water that's filtered (rural water) with CS, so it
doesn't match your problem (no green stuff there, either).

-- Dean -- from (almost) Duh Moines  (CDP, KB0ZDF)