Connie and Jolly,

This is NOT a good way to make CS. It is rudimentary at best. And NEVER use salt. Use distilled water only. I'm sure Jolly has good intentions but there's another problem. Placing the electrodes that close together is an invitation for treeing or agglomeration.

I'm sure a laser pointer test will show you have large particles. There will probably be "sparklers" in it. They are large particles. Properly made CS will show a VERY weak Tyndall effect.

Use wider spacing and no salt and you'll be much better off. However, you still won't make the best CS. It requires current control.

Trem
www.silvergen.com