Hey Guys,

My understanding may be a little different and I'll stand to be corrected,
but....

Silver compounds, i.e. silver nitrate, silver acetate, have no reason to be
ingested.  They are NOT colloidal silver and have entirely different
characteristics.  Stability, especially long-term, is an important aspect of
colloidal silver products.  To avoid "fall out", some companies add a protein
or chemical stabilizer, allowing a higher concentration of silver with a
greater level of stability.  (One in particular is FDA approved) The downside
is that most stabilizers bond to the silver particles and therefore reduce the
antimicrobial effect of the silver.  Such products contain higher levels of
total silver to compensate, and should be taken with caution because in all
cases of silver toxicity, called Argyria (the permanent discoloration of the
skin due to silver deposits), the product in question contained high
concentrations of large particle silver compounded  with stabilizers such as
silver nitrate or silver acetate.

Argyria has never been reported from pure electro-colloidal silver free of
proteins or other stabilizers!

Another advantage of correctly manufactured colloidal silver is that, with a
particle size well below 1 micron, ideally one thousandth of one micron to
fifteen thousandths of one micron in size, a 3 to 5 parts per million
concentration of colloidal silver is unlikely to affect friendly intestinal
bacteria.  Most of it is absorbed into the circulatory systems of the body
(arteries, veins, lymph system) before it gets there. Such fine particles can
freely pass through blood vessels and in the lymph system pass freely through
tissues, including sublingually through the soft tissues of the mouth, and
including the blood brain barrier. These microscopically fine particles of
silver  damage nothing vital to the body but are lethal to contacted bacterium,
viruses, yeasts, single celled parasites. Fortunately such have no opportunity
to develop a resistance or immunity to the silver. Following the normal
circulatory paths of the human body these fine particles flush out completely
in about 4 days. The lymph system (immune system) flushes out the dead debris
created by the silver colloid particles and processes the toxins and wastes
through the kidneys and liver.

Properly prepared electro-colloidal silver contains 99.999% pure silver
particles, .001 of a Micron or slightly larger in size (up to .015 of a
Micron), suspended and separated by their electrical charge, in pure distilled
water with no  salts, any other silver compounds, binding agents, stabilizers
or proteins.

Such prepared electro-colloidal silver is non-toxic and cannot cause Argyria in
any amount.

Most of us already know all of this, but if you have to have the references and
bibliography on the above, contact me at rbart...@drfast.net and I'll supply
you with a reading list that would constitute a complete college course.