Watch many science fiction movies, such as frankenstein and you will see a
device with two wires running up from a box, with a spark that starts at the
bottom and moves up the wire, to extinguish and repeat endlessly.  That is a
jacob ladder and is exrtremely easy to make with a neon sign transformer and a
coat hanger broken into 2 pieces.

Marshall