I have been making CS for about two years, the past year using a silverpuppy
generator, which I find eminently satisfactory. During the last couple of
months, however, a thread of material hangs on to the leg that has the
bubbles. When I remove the generator the thread falls to the bottom of the
glass.  It ends up as a small, but quite noticeable amount of white powder on
the bottom of the glass. I use only steam-distilled water which I make myself
and the glass is cleaned in a dishwasher.

Anybody have an idea what is happening here and what the powder might be?

Allen