Evening Ole Bob,

>>I make my readings with a 1 cm X 1 cm X 1cm probe (hoem made with brass
electrodes). Powered by a regulated
10 v ac supply and I measure the ac current. When all of the math is wrung out
one ma is one microSeimen per cc.

  Gee, that sounds simpler and much more fun.

What kind of meter do you use to measure? Just any good VOM should do. A dedicated current meter of
0 to 25 ma would be nice.

  The  1 ma = 1 microSeimen  is linear I trust,  10 = 10 , ect.

The 1 cm cube has a wire attached ? Any particular type wire, ga, strands, ect?

I still have a few digital meters ( led type ) that have 3/4 inch tall numbers. These have exceptional calibration and several levels of input. I could dedicate one of these for that task. I don't think the calibration would be too hard.

Might have to wind a shunt or make one. These meters are actually voltmeters. I used them to show mmHg from a low pressure transducer in a medical product I used to build.

I suppose the probes could vary a bit if the calibration would compensate for this.

Likely you arrived at all this to make the 1 =1. That was not an accident of couse.

Once I built a liquid level indicator from an array of transistors and voltage dividers. The capacity was 5 ounces.

I had 0 to 5 volts and several of the levels produced 1 volt for one ounce. Due to the fact I was using software with the 0 to 5 V analog input, I could do the scale factors for the levels that did not hit the 1 volt to one ounce.

  As we know, some of this is limited only by the imagination.

  Wayne

To join or quit silver-list or silver-digest send an e-mail message to: silver-list-requ...@eskimo.com -or- silver-digest-requ...@eskimo.com