Hi Mike........Personally the tech stuff does not bother me.  Most of it I
do not understand...if I have time I will read through some of it otherwise
I just delete it.  The sniping that goes on occasionally does not bother me
either.  It is perhaps that these gentleman feel very passionate about their
studies and get carried away.  True politeness should be observed and
respect for each others work..but sometimes they do make me laugh which is
not bad.  I even miss Stuart...yes  he roared in like a lion but he did
apologize and I respect one who can do that.  I know I made some mistakes
back then trying to get the hang of proper list etiquette.
Perhaps there could be a T on the subject line to inform others it is a
technical discussion if they do not want a whole new list.  I think as
George said
I firmly believe that these
> > sorts of "scary, none understandable" topics is what advanced the art
> > of CS production beyond the 'cup of water, dash of salt and 3x9v
> > battery' stage...

I think it is important to discuss ideas.  Having never been in the
scientific research area but I would think that out of discussions and
disagreements knowledge can be gained.  I am more into the arts and even in
that area there can be much controversy about what is art.

You are a wonderful moderator Mike and I feel like we are family and
families do run into problems.  The kids need   a little supervision now and
then, so do what you need to do *Dad*.  I only hope the SO list can continue
to  be as successful as your list in the years ahead......

Enjoy
Joanne
The Other List Owner