  From: Jack Dayton [mailto:jack...@harbornet.com]
  Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 5:30 PM
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Subject: Re: CS>Some info please?

  Hi John.

  I would try soaking pieces of bread rather than meat, it will hold more
silver.
  But it would seem to be a waste of time. unless the ants rely on a form of
bacteria
  in their stomachs for digestion. If that were the case, then they might
starve to
  death with the bacteria dead.   Sounds good to me :-).

  Jack

    From: "John Reeder" <jree...@sbcglobal.net>

    That is a good question. It turns out the ants were Argentine ants, so,
a degree of relief.
    The county lady told me that fire ants eat protein. I guess a chunk of
meat dosed with
    cs would be the bait. Worth a try. Trouble is, I don't have any fire
ants to try it on.
    Maybe I'll try the Argentine ants, they are omnivores from what I hear.

  John