On Sat, 15 Jun 2002 22:15:10 -0400, "Beth" <b...@sysr.com> wrote:

>I had a DR's wife approach me at work yesterday about CS. (I work at a health
>food store) She said her husbands book mentions that only 5 ppm should be
>taken and anything over that could be dangerous. Also, that it shouldn't be
>taken long term.

You'll have to find out the *exact* definition of what the book means
by CS.  What we use around here is "electro-colloidal silver" or
"ionic silver."  That is, a mostly silver solution made by passing
electricity through pure water using silver electrodes -- the
solutions are about 80 to 90% silver ions with the rest being
sub-microscopic silver particles that remain suspended in the water (a
colloid).

We mostly don't talk about silver compounds, mechanically produced
colloidal silver or the various protein-stabilized silver solutions --
none of which is CS.

>Now, from reading the posts here it sounds like many of you have been taking
>it for years and are taking over 5 ppm.

Quite correct.

>Her husbands book is a medical book. She refused to buy our store products
>which range from 10 ppm to 45 ppm. All of which I've taken but only when
>needed for sinus infections. My boyfriend however would like to take them
>regularly as he has asthma. What is safe to take and will it help his asthma?

Many use CS as a normal part of their diet -- CS is NOT a medicine,
it's a trace mineral supplement (much like selenium, chromium, copper,
etc.).  Since almost everyone's diet is entirely lacking in silver,
and the human body requires silver for some of it's functions, a daily
supplement seems useful.

Asthma is helped by inhaling CS from a nebulizer, either ultrasonic or
compressed air.  The list archives (see bottom of message for URL)
contain instructions on Bob Brooks' groups homemade nebulizer.

>Also, I have my grandmother taking it. She is 86 and recently had a fever over
>104. I finally convinced my mother to put her on the CS after 5 days of a high
>fever. Her fever was gone the next am and has come back slightly now and then
>since. She is drinking a ton of water, Could the CS make her thirsty? (I know
>she didn't drink much while she was sick so maybe she's making up for lost
>fluids.

CS doesn't seem to make me thirsty, and I've heard/read no other
comments to that effect.  As I mentioned above, CS should be a regular
part of a diet.  Your grandmother most likely got a lot of trace
minerals in her diet as a child (my dad did), and her body now needs
them.  A general trace mineral supplement, such as Willard Water,
might be useful for her (and you :)

-- Dean -- from (almost) Des Moines -- KB0ZDF