From: "Dean T. Miller" <dtmil...@midiowa.net>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 16, 2002 12:56 PM
Subject: Re: CS>Real CS Questions

> On Sat, 15 Jun 2002 22:15:10 -0400, "Beth" <b...@sysr.com> wrote:
>
> >I had a DR's wife approach me at work yesterday about CS. (I work at a
health food store) She said her husbands book mentions that only 5 ppm
should be taken and anything over that could be dangerous. Also, that it
shouldn't be taken long term.

> You'll have to find out the *exact* definition of what the book means
> by CS.  What we use around here is "electro-colloidal silver" or
> "ionic silver."  That is, a mostly silver solution made by passing
> electricity through pure water using silver electrodes -- the
> solutions are about 80 to 90% silver ions with the rest being
> sub-microscopic silver particles that remain suspended in the water (a
> colloid).
>
> We mostly don't talk about silver compounds, mechanically produced
> colloidal silver or the various protein-stabilized silver solutions --
> none of which is CS.
>
> >Now, from reading the posts here it sounds like many of you have been
taking it for years and are taking over 5 ppm.

> Quite correct.
>
> >Her husbands book is a medical book. She refused to buy our store
products which range from 10 ppm to 45 ppm. All of which I've taken but only
when needed for sinus infections. My boyfriend however would like to take
them regularly as he has asthma. What is safe to take and will it help his
asthma?

> Many use CS as a normal part of their diet -- CS is NOT a medicine,
> it's a trace mineral supplement (much like selenium, chromium, copper,
> etc.).  Since almost everyone's diet is entirely lacking in silver,
> and the human body requires silver for some of it's functions, a daily
> supplement seems useful.
>
> Asthma is helped by inhaling CS from a nebulizer, either ultrasonic or
> compressed air.  The list archives (see bottom of message for URL)
> contain instructions on Bob Brooks' groups homemade nebulizer.
>
> >Also, I have my grandmother taking it. She is 86 and recently had a fever
over 104. I finally convinced my mother to put her on the CS after 5 days of
a high fever. Her fever was gone the next am and has come back slightly now
and then since. She is drinking a ton of water, Could the CS make her
thirsty? (I know she didn't drink much while she was sick so maybe she's
making up for lost fluids.