Mike--

As I've said for years, I can pass along full-spectrum sea salt various
countries including Peru for $7 / lb. + shipping.  Dissolved in water, it
provides every geological mineral in ionic solution.

(I agree that Celtic salt is a rip-off; and the French coast hosts some of
the heaviest commercial shipping in the world--not the cleanest seawater!)

I've heard of plain salt (rock or granular) being sold as 'sea salt' because
of the lack a precise, legal definition.  Then there are brands like DeSouza
that repeatedly "wash" the product for cosmetic reasons, thus incurring a
loss of certain minerals.

Whole sea salt is gray-green and MOIST; i.e., having a certain portion that
has never been dehydrated, unilke desiccated, free-flowing versions.  It's
clumpy but it crumbles easily.

--Russ
www.survivalsystem.com