Nancy,

Please keep on posting and ignore the school-marmish comments you might
receive.  No one has time to check every citation, and you are quite
right;  the article is well worth reading, just for the information
about the existance of mycoplasmic disease, which is indeed not well
known.

I had mycoplasmic pneumonia in Japan -- there was an epidemic of it --
and I can say that those pathogens are postively evil, and very hard to
eradiate.   Recovery was very, very slow.   Hospitalizations here
exceeded 10,000 in a very shor time.

Whether the outbreak was natural or not we will never know.  Everyone
knows that the religious cult AUM has been playing with bacterial
warfare for some time, and the group STILL exists.  I have little
confidence in the government efforts to control the activities.