Other relevant speculation is this:  how does the BBB normally work in
reverse?  IAW, how does stuff that gets in get out?   Omura's work
suggests that it normally does not, but can be induced to.  IAW, one can
clear out heavy metals and pathogens from the brain.   Given that so few
MDs know anything about this topic, laypersons had better inform
themselves.