Hello INGRID,

Monday, April 7, 2003, 12:14:58 AM, you wrote:

<<SNIP>>

First off, in order to make a "perfect colloid", you need to define
the parameters of a "perfect colloid".

Second, you can put a chunk of silver into water and let it sit for a
hundred years, and you will still have a chunk of silver in water. The
silver will not dissolve into the water. Silver is a noble metal. If,
by some chance, something in the immediate surroundings put an
electromotive force through the silver, and the silver was the anode,
THEN something would happen.

Yes, if you burn hydrogen in a pure oxygen environment, you will most
certainly make water. And you will do so with quite an explosive force
as well. Why go to all of the trouble? Distilled water is quite
adequate. If, for some reason, you feel it isn't, you can always find
a source of 18 megohm laboratory grade water. It IS pure water.

There IS NO conversion of alternating current (AC) to direct current
(DC). It would take a basic electronics course to cover this with you.
To make it fairly simple, voltage and resistance determine current. To
change the current flow, you need only alter voltage or resistance.
Which brings us to our next point. Using water with ANY ions in it
will lower its resistance, which will in turn, increase the current
flowing through it at a given voltage. Besides, just what are those
ions? Is there nitrate or nitrite present, which will give you the
HIGHLY UNDESIRABLE compound of silver nitrate? Is part of it chlorine,
which will form silver chloride? This is but ONE of the reasons it is
imperative to use DISTILLED water. Besides, once you start your CS
generator, you are immediately putting silver ions into the water.
Your "CS" will be, in actuality, MOSTLY silver ions dissolved in
water.

While your quest for the "perfect colloidal silver" is noble, rest
assured that there are many on this list who have devoted years of
their life, thousands of dollars (or even many hundreds of thousands
of dollars), and gallons of perspiration doing the same. Many of these
people have a multitude of degrees in the sciences to boot. And, after
all of this money, time, and effort,we still can't even fully agree on
a few basic points, such as.....

How do you accurately measure particle size?
How do you determine ionic or particulate content?
Which is more desirable, ions or particles?
How small can you make a particle in a colloid and still have it
remain in a stable state, such as for long term storage?

Many people will give you an answer to the above questions, and the
answers will be as diverse and numerous as the people answering them.

Some things we CAN agree on, though. Such as, even the most horribly
made CS is effective to some degree. No matter if it has particles
large enough to be red (colloidal brickbats), or is mostly ionic,
colorless and clear.

I guess my best advice is to sit back, read the traffic on this list
for a while, and ask questions.

--
Best regards,
 Solar