The info would probably have come from www.silverpuppy.com vs www.silvergen.com as I use thermal stirring and Trem uses mechanical.

 Hints:
Heat only the center bottom of the container as this creates a narrow updraft right where you need it and lets the outside surfaces loose heat. Don't exceed 110 deg F. It's not the temperature that does the job but the difference between heat soak and head shed... or ...heat gain in the center compared to heat loss at the outside surface. It takes very little heat.

You can cut a 1" hole in a flattish can such as a beef stew or tuna can, [or punch a pattern of holes near the center] turn it hole up on a coffee maker hot plate as well as using a 7 watt nightlight bulb.

This does not limit the current. It distributes and hydrates the ions as they are formed.

Hydration tends to isolate the ions from each other so they don't have as great a tendency to agglomerate later. Distribution removes high ion concentration zones near the electrodes so the water doesn't reach its saturation point [ the concentration point at which crystals start forming] in localized areas.

Any form of stirring greatly improves the performance of even the most primitive generator.

The nice things about thermal stirring is that it's easy to do, can't ever break or wear out and it never goes too fast. [Just keep an eye on the heat gain and don't exceed 110 deg F so as to avoid Brownian collision problems.]

If you stir too vigerously, other weird things start to happen. This, among a few other reasons is why I abandonded mechanical stirring. It worked well, IF, you had a clue as to how to use it. Some folks just don't have many clues. [Trem may have designed the clues in so you don't have to have one. I'm not sure, but he's a pretty good designer and works hard at it. ]

Down side...thermal stirring has batch size limits with the little 7 watt bulb as larger containers are generally taller. Works pretty good on a quart but better [flawlessly?] on a pint and less. Heat gain is no problem.
The coffee pot trick might be strong enough for a gallon.

ken

If you do not have a potpourri pot in your home a heater is easily made by cutting a 1 inch hole in a can and placing it upside down on a night light. The bulb is usually 5 or 7 watts and is sufficient to keep your water in container moving. This is called thermal stirring and I think I gleaned this piece of info from Trem's site---not sure though.

Hope this is of some help to you. By the way the thermal stirring controls the current or so I am told and that is why you do not get the sludge.

                                    Good health and good luck to you

                                              Linda J. Hefferman

 INGRID KROPP-OVERSTREET <pfsing...@msn.com> wrote:
so far I've had my CS generator for maybe 2 weeks. it's from <http://www.sunstoneherbals.com/>www.sunstoneherbals.com (you might be able to get a better picture than my description. it's the plastic casing type. fresh batteries, 2 week old .9999 silver electrodes. make about 8OZ of CS daily. i guess thats it.

Post your free ad now! <http://ca.personals.yahoo.com/>Yahoo! Canada Personals