At 06:13 PM 6/22/2003 -0400, you wrote:
CATHERINE!!??      "............somewhat useful."  ?????????????

.......can ya get as pure dc from any of the "plug-in"
machines/generators.

Sure, but if there's no overcurrent protection, you can melt down the transformer of blow out the windings if you short the electrodes together. Some of the better transformers have this protection designed in, some blow out very fast.
[not explosively..they just quit working]
 A controlled current generator will never draw that much current.
 Ode

I am unable to detect the slightest heat coming from my single 9-volt
batt.
and comments others have made bout filling up the land-fill with dead
batts are grandiose.

it may be ignorance but I am thrilled with the product from my generator
made with Arnold Beland's silver wire.

:) davido