Mike Monett6/22/03 4:39 AM

> Oh, great. 3 nines are not enough - he uses FOUR of them! And relies
> on the  heavy current drain to bring the voltage down.  Anybody want
> to hazard  a guess how much current a 9V alkaline can  deliver? It's
> well into  the  Amp range. Some generator. Not a clue  about  how to
> make cs. He might as well add some salt to speed it up.
>
> That page  will bring a lot of people asking - why does  my  cs turn
> black?
Then someone on the list will tell them to shorten their run time,
and stop when the process starts producing black stuff.

My 2 daughters, who have been producing some form of CS
for over 5 years, are still doing it with 1 9volt battery. I tried,
but just briefly, to raise their method --  they are happy,
I'll wait in the background for a greater need.

Beginners neither want or need "Rocket Science".

Jack