High quality CS will store fine in HDPE, which is what the 1 gallon water jugs
are made of.  If the CS is light sensitive, then it may be degraded faster in
plastic than glass if left in the sun.

I have not tested CS shelf life with any other plastics, so I can't say if PVC
or another plastic is a problem or not.

Marshall