I cut and pasted this from another group.  As  a
newbie to CS things like this really confuse me.  I am
not sure what to believe:

One problem with using electralysis[sp?]  to create
"colloidal" silver,
is
that the solution tends to be ionic in nature.

Ionic silver is colorless.

It will combine with either HCl [hydrocloric acid] in
the stomach or if
it
makes it that far [by being absorbed in the GI tract
or being
administered
subcutaneously] to make it into the blood stream, it
will combine with
potassium chloride or sodium chloride to form silver
chloride.

It is as a true colloidal which is dark yellow in
color, that silver
has the
antibacterial/healing properties.

Colloidal silver that has a high concentration of
silver particles does
not
look like water because silver particles, even very
small particles
block
light from passing through, making the liquid appear
darker.

http://www.silver-colloids.com/Reports/reports.html

Simple way to demonstrate the presence of ionic silver

Here is a simple way to demonstrate ionic silver
content. All that is
required is that a chloride ion source to be added to
a small amount of
ionic silver. Normal table salt is sodium chloride
(NaCl). When table
salt
is dissolved in water it dissociates into sodium ions
and chloride
ions. To
demonstrate: Place a small amount (1-2 ounces) of
ionic silver in a
clear
glass. Add a few grains of table salt. Observe that as
the salt
dissolves a
white cloud of silver chloride forms in the solution.
Eventually, the
entire
solution will turn cloudy. If more salt is added, the
white silver
chloride
will become denser until all the silver ions have
combined with the
available chlorine ions. If no silver ions are present
then no white
cloud
will form.

"Colloidal silver generators" sold to home hobbyists
all produce ionic
silver solutions.

See also

http://www.silver-colloids.com/Book/SilverColloids-s.pdf

"Silver Colloids Do they Work?" by Ronald J Gibbs