At 03:30 AM 13/11/04, you wrote:
Can I be more embarrassed? The work of Weston Price is referenced in The Metabolic Typing Diet, and is given as the basis for it. I had completely forgotten. BLUSH!
sol

Jonathan B. Britten wrote:

I was keenly interested in a famous book by Weston Price, a DDS who undertook worldwide studies of nutrition on peoples eating traditional diets or moving toward refined diets. It is a fascinating book. In a nutshell, he found that peoples with dramatically differing diets all enjoyed splendid dental and physical health -- from 100% meat eaters to almost exclusively grain and dairy eaters to mostly vegetarians.
All thrived on their multifarious native diets.

At most Western Dental Schools they issue students with a big blown up picture of Weston Price and teach them a magic mantra:
"Weston Price Ptooie!"   Then they throw darts at the picture.
It's easier for "real" Doctors - they just say " but he isn't an accepted Medical Authority". Much easier. Interestingly A Doctorate was only awarded originally to people who made a major singular contribution to a field, based on an original hypothesis............ a sign of peer aclaim. Now devalued to THIS - a snake-oil salesman (again).

Cheers,
Himagain