a little more info:

""Much of the recent research done on coconut oil and lauric acid, the most predominant fatty acid chain found in coconut oil, has centered around the anti-microbial and anti-viral properties of this unique fatty acid. Today, many strains of bacteria are becoming resistant to antibiotics, and antibiotics are generally ineffective in treating virus infections. When lauric acid is consumed in the diet, either in human breast milk or in coconut oil, lauric acid forms a monoglyceride called monolaurin, which has been shown to destroy several bacteria and viruses, including listeria monocytogenes and helicobacter pylori, and protozoa such as giardia lamblia. Some of the viruses that have been destroyed by monolaurin include HIV, measles, herpes simplex virus-1, vesicular stomatitis virus, influenza and cytomegalovirus.^6 There is also evidence now that the MCTs in coconut oil kill yeast infections, such as Candida.^7 ""

Acmeair wrote:

the friend who got me started on CS and BE, had terrible psorias. he would go to the Dead Sea once a year for it, and it helped a little.when we got our Bob Beck CS/BE machines, he did the BEing and drank about a pint a day of cs. he would also spend some time in an ultraviolet tanning booth. after several weeks his psoriasis started to clear.

i don't know if if eczema and psoriasis could be related, but it is worth a try. i would also try some extra virgin coconut oil. it is anti viral due to the coconut oil, being a triglyceride of lauric acid. this oil is usefull for many skin problems.

jim

sol wrote:

Are the silver impregnated/coated burn and wound dressings availble there? The two brands available in the U.S. (FDA approved even) are Silverlon, and Acticoat. Just occurred to me they might be very useful for your son, as they are made for using on burn victims.

sol