At 09:46 AM 14/02/05, John wrote:

can be; eczema may lead to psoriasis in some case. But now t related in child atopic eczema.

John, these symptoms are often used by Medical Practitioners in the same way as they will look you right in the eye and say " hmmmnnn you have a severe case of oedema there" instead of telling you "yes the leg is swollen, isn't it?" Atopic Eczema simply means " severe immediate reaction to whatever causes it". There is possibly a case for congenital weakness in rare instances, but for eczema?? As for the dustmite thing - it ranks right up there with the Pregnancy Virus. A very big moneyspinner, that one. Atopic Eczema is characterized by an *instant* violent skin reaction. Eczema simply means, generically, any form of skin disorder particularised by pustules (pimples).

From your comments about the history to date, I would suggest doing a Sherlock Holmes thing and work backwards from the first outbreak for a week. I would determine what CHANGES took place in the week preceding the child's defence reaction.

Forget commercial "Silver bandages", use uncoloured, unbleached paper kitchen towels as covers and when changing them, simply wet them again and they dissolve/fall off. Initially to use: Hold them vertical and using a clothes damper spray, spray them wet with the CS. Apply to skin and respray to soak fully.

If the child was not immunised recently, or hospitalised prior to the event, I would bet on a toxic reaction to something introduced recently and continuing.
Babies are great at recovering - just look at what we do to them!
Is the child getting enough sun exposure? ( BTW Never use ultraviolet lamps!)

However, at the end of the day, what the child needs is nutritional support:
Homemade soups - never boiled - Crockpot-style. Get sprouting, fast. Try and obtain biodynamically grown vegetables ( safest) Buy some dried Wasabe or any Asian dried Seavegetable for the soup. Are you using tap water? Get a filter a.s.a.p. If your local water has Fluoride in it, this may be the main problem. It even kills teeth enamel. Very difficult to remove. There is a 99% chance your tap water contains Aluminium Hydroxide and Chlorine. Do not bathe your child in it - especially if heated. In fact, do not bathe your child at this stage - the CS will do all that is necessary.

If the sores are all over, you could float a small airfoam mattress in the bath to ease the pressure on the little body - of course, you would have to stand guard during the period. A few hours per day if possible - not even necessarily consecutive. Even a half-inflated flat style airbed could help.

With very best wishes,
Himagain - and the reminder that I have no medical franchise of any kind and all information supplied is medically - "anecdotal" and your due diligence in investigation is required. Nothing is to be construed as any form of medical treatment or medical advice.