Hi there,
In clarification, the prohibition probably stands ...... on the grounds that as I pointed out in Yet Another Erudite Group (YAEG) Kefir is a processed food - albeit by being eaten and poo'ed out by bacterium - which allows humans to drink the milk of another absolutely non-related species that is normally definitely not how you were designed to ingest stuff. :-)
A bit like adding CS to raw milk???

HOWEVER in the light of the tragic human "civilised" diet of today, (as specified) it is still vastly better than toxicated "normal" cow's/other animal milk and superior to all other drinks except clean unprocessed water. (rare).

There ya go,

Himagain.