Hi All,

I thought someone else might supply this insight, but as a FL Pharmacist of
58 years, I recall many over the counter purchases of Argyrol and Protargol
(I believe). The Argyrol drops were especially to drop into "sore eyes"
caused by gnats flying from one person to the next and carrying the problem.
This was prevalent during hot southern weather and one's eyes became very
sore and light was painful to them--so the patient became a hermit staying
in the dark as they instilled the silver protein drops--which stained the
eyes and the skin brown. These aqueous solutions were 0.1 to 2% and used as
an antiseptic and germicide for infected mucuous membranes (nose drops).
These solutions were freshly prepared and should be replaced in a few days
or weeks. Samaan finds that while colloidal silver preparations are less
efficient as disinfectants than is ionic silver (e.g.. silver nitrate) a
1:5000 solution of CS ia a stronger disinfectant than phenol solution,
1:250. Moreover, the CS solutions are much less irritating, and are much
safer to use than silver nitrate solution. Information from Arny's
Principles of Pharmacy, 4th edition.

My understanding is that Rosemary received her CSP nose drops to use in
nostrils for a couple weeks, but continued using them for a couple years
(Certainly NOT an ideal patient; however, it can be purchased OTC. What
surprises me is that as a young lady applying makeup and doing her hair
daily during that time before her mirror, she failed to realize the
blue-graying until her teacher asked, "Why are you that color?" I'm truly
sorry about her problem and wish that she would use some of the proven
methods of normalizing her skin.

Surely if there were many people affected, Milk Cartons would have pictures
of a different victim each week. I praise God that He has given us this
Marvelous Blessing of CS that if properly made, I believe to be effective
for many health problems and free from side effects other than Herx if large
doses taken for very bad problems.

Sincerely,
Richard Harris, 57 Year FL Pharmacist
448 West Juniata Street