From: Albert Peirce [mailto:aepei...@fuse.net]
Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2005 3:11 PM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>mercury and silver

This is the most ignorant post I have ever seen on this site!  In the first
place, a mercury filling cannot exist unless you had had your body
cryogenetically frozen to minus 100- 200 degrees Fahrenheit and you'd be
dead! Mercury is a liquid metal !!  In the second place, there are silver
FILLINGS, silver INLAYS, and silver CAPS.  These last two are prepared by
making a proper cavity in the tooth, casting a plastic or rubber male image
of the cavity, sending it to a foundry to have a metal alloy (800 fine, 900
fine, 925 fine) silver inlay or cap cast which can then be cemented to the
tooth.  An inlay or a cap is a piece of noble metal and has no mercury in
its composition.

AMALGAMS, on the other hand, (Fillings to you folks from Rio Linda), consist
of precisely measured finely divided (ground up) silver powder, and a
correctly proportioned amount of liquid mercury to allow total molecular(?)
amalgamation so there is no leakage of mercury and no release of finely
ground silver sand.