----- Original Message -----
  From: Nenah Sylver
  To: silver-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 12:07 AM
  Subject: Re: CS>mercury and silver

  If my memory serves me, there has been something in the news recently about
dentists not being allowed to state that mercury fillings are dangerous.
  *******>>> I believe California had a lawsuit to change this. Does anyone
remember the particulars?

  Nenah
  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  Hi Nenah -- Here is one of many websites.  There are many more.  Just do a
Web search on Google, etc.
  Hope this is of interest ... Gunar

  http://home.earthlink.net/~berniew1/damspr5.html
  This website has details of legislation from many States, including
California.

  Here is just one excerpt from the web-site:
  " ... State Legislatures Pass Bills Placing Restrictions or Warnings on Use
of Amalgam Dental
  Fillings- More States Plan to Consider Bills in the Next Legislative Session

  The California Legislature passed a bill, SB134, to implement Proposition 65
  which was passed earlier and requires all dentists who use amalgam dental
fillings

  to issue the following warning:

  "This office uses amalgam filling materials which contain and expose you to a
chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects and other
reproductive harm". (mercury) ." ...

  ~~~~~~~~~~`This rather long site concludes with the following, which should
provide lots of related information:

  Documentation with over 2500 medical study references on exposure levels
  and adverse health effects of mercury from amalgam fillings, as well as
  60,000 clinical cases documented by doctors of recovery from over 30
  chronic conditions after amalgam replacement can be found at
  www.home.earthlink.net/~berniew1/indexa.html