From: "Rowena" <new...@aapt.net.au>
To: <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2005 3:21 AM
Subject: Re: CS>CANSEMA Salve --- VCNO --- progress with eschar

> Yes, please describe it.  What is DH's plaster? ...  Jill ...
>

> Plaster is elastoplast on a roll. ...

###A type of sticky bandage-plaster that stretches a little,
AND also is mostly *air-tight* -- this is good for a first application
of the black salve, in the sense that the salve is better absorbed
into the skin/flesh over 12 to 24 hours.  The salve does not lose its
moisture content during this time, and heat of the skin helps absorption

> You just cut off as much [[[of the elastic plaster]]] as you want.
> ... it was well and truly covered
> with salve, and a round portion of the crust had pushed up away from the
> skin, corresponding to the size of the mole that was there.  I cleaned it
> up, got rid of all the excess crusty salve around the wound, and white and
> yellow streaks were visible underneath the "lid" or crust. ...

###From experience, the "white, yellow streaks" are visible in the
fresh crust-scab-eschar-(raw lesion) when the plaster is removed.

###Very often the scab can be jet black or has jet black lines in it.
The black in the scab is NOT remnant of the salve, but is part of
the effect the salve has created in the scab.  All residue salve will
wash off with hydrogen peroxide of about 3% strength (good antiseptic).

>... He had applied
> far too much, ...

###This is a common mistake (sad to say), and can cause much pain
IF the problem-area in the skin is deep or wide-spread.  The "problem"
is that the open scab/lesion created by the salve can be large and deep,
in which case the edema (red, puffy, fluid-filled swelling around scab)
can be extremely painful.  If you go to a doctor, he/she will go ballistic;
tell you that you have severe infection, and will want to hit you with
massive antibiotics ... when really there is zero infection.

###In large-wide problem areas, apply salve to a small area only,
and when a scab has formed, then apply more salve to another
small area, and keep repeating this till all of the area has been
treated.

###You will know when you have covered the whole of the problem
area, when the salve no longer starts (or causes) scabs/lesions, since
a "good" black salve has effect only on "aberrant" skin-flesh ... on healthy
skin the salve has no effect (and nobody in the world can explain this).

>...  and appled more the next morning - again, unable to see it, as
> it was on his spine. ...

###This is when what I wrote above can be intensified = a deeper scab,
plus more pain than should be normal.

> That night, I had a look at it and saw that the salve-encrusted lid had
come
> away from the cancer.  It appeared to have taken the top layer of skin and
> tumour with it.  It was hanging by a tiny thread of skin, but came away as
> cleaned up.  Cleaned with CS and H2O2.  Flesh around wound somewhat red.

###The red is normal and to be expected.  It is an "edema".

> First time I put vaseline on, next day VCNO.  Next day cleaned up with
lots
> of CS and H202.  Today looked rather dry, and cracked on top, and rather
> healed around the edges.  No ooze whatsoever. ...

###A good, "healthy" scab, when healing process has run its course,
will be dry and crisp and "crumbly" at the edges = a very good sign that
there are no problems underneath, as far as I have experienced.

###If no ooze/watery seepage, then it was only skin-deep ... count your
blessings.    :-)

> ...  I have put VCNO <<<on the plaster again.>>> ....

###From experience, you should NOT put plaster on the scab-area,
"especially" not the water-air-proof plaster.  Why?  Because it will
prevent the formation of a good, crisp, healthy scab.  A crisp scab
formation is a "must", so that healthy new skin can form under the scab.
The scab should be kept dry (or dried with hair dyer after bathing),
so that it does not fall off before the new skin forms underneath.

> ... I think I will keep using that now until it comes out, then
> use the healing cream they sent.  I have put wedges of cotton wool to try
> raise the plaster off the wound slightly, or at least to try to stop the
> emerging cancer getting squashed back in. ...

###Why not try leaving the wound open to the air?  Wash it daily with
3% hydrogen peroxide, and if need be, cover it with a non-stick
bandage or gauze, so that the scab can "breathe" ... will help healing.

> Rowena

Hope this make sense?
Best wishes,
Gunar