I have this same thing with mine. The scab isn't black but rather a dark brown, with darker spots in it. It looks just as you describe, Rowena.

-Raine

Rowena wrote:

<snip>

###Very often the scab can be jet black or has jet black lines in it.
The black in the scab is NOT remnant of the salve, but is part of
the effect the salve has created in the scab.

Thanks for this information. I was puzzled last night as I studied the eschar, as all the salve had dropped off with the top layer of skin. It is probably very dark brown rather than black. The colour effect is as if one is seeing the colour of flesh behind solidified plasma or lymph.
<snip>