This is to let you know that this evening the eschar on my husband's back
came away leaving smooth pink skin where it had been.

Comparing the eschar with the scab that came off early in the piece, I
notice that it is less than half the diameter, so the eschar has been
shrivelling up.  The skin that looked as if it was healing after having been
covered by a scab looked that way because it had indeed been covered once.
The size of the original scab corresponds with the size of the healing site
with its skin edge all around.

Two or three of the pictures I took with the digital camera were quite
successful.  I tried to scan the two pieces this evening to compare and
contrast, but blow me down if that jolly thing isn't refusing its duty now.
Says a cable is loose or something; what nonsense.  May have to reinstall
the program tomorrow.

This has all taken place with absolutely no pain, and with occasional
itching only.  Despite the scare when the top was dislodged, all seems to
have progressed well.  Now we have the healing cream on the site.

Rowena