Hello Bob,

I used 2 cups of water in a Pyrex measuring cup.  The silver wires  were six
inches long.  The spacing was variable, since my only concern  was trying to
keep the 2 silver wires from touching each other in the  water.  I had the
alligator clips holding the silver wires perched on top  of the measuring cup.
The time to make CS was variable also, from 20  seconds, to maybe three
minutes,
depending on the water used. The closer to  distilled the water was, the
longer the process took. To determine when the  CS was done, I just stirred and
took out the silver when the water was EVER  SO SLIGHTLY gray.

I hope this answers your questions.  I have no clue what the PPM was,  and
I'm sure that it varied considerably.

Jill