Ed, I agree with you, and don't favor censorship.

My thought, perhaps poorly expressed, was that the moderator might, at minimum, want to be very sure that dubious and potentially dangerous information does not pass by without some response.

There is a great deal I don't know about chemistry and related topics and terminology. For example, I would think nicotinamide, a necessary nutrient, would be directly related to nicotine, a deadly toxin, but I am told (by a respected MD I know) that it is not so. Similarly, I'd think Vaseline petroleum jelly would be toxic, but I read the inventor of the stuff took a tablespoon a day and attributed his long life -- past 90 -- to the practice.

On that note, then, I am willing to be educated if someone can tell me that the petroleum distillates in WD 40 are not harmful.

I wouldn't take a chance on it myself; I'd bet on liver damage and possibly carcinogenic effects. That's why I replied.

Best,

JBB