My deepest sympathy.

the stuff about the extra protein is funny unless you have these  critters.
If you have bad eyes and cannot see them, I also think it may  not be a
problem.

I had them once. (once is too many times)

they came in the sealed bag of flour I bought at the store.  this is  often
how you get them I am told.

I found that they were very hard to get rid of.

by the time I found them, they were is many boxes.

they were small black, kind of looked like black flecks until they moved
(quickly) to avoid detection.

I had to get rid of most of the food in the cupboard.

maybe you were lucky and caught them quickly.

washing down the cupboard/pantry is a good idea but you will get re  infected
unless you get all their favorite food out of there.

Karen