One of the bugbears when we first moved here to Australia was the Indian
Meal Moth.
When you're starting out from scratch building a household again and using
things like ice cream containers as kitchen containers, there is no
protection, as the caterpillars or whatever seem to just slide nicely under
the lid.  Screw top containers were better because they were more difficult
to navigate, and one would find little webs in the screw threads.

It continued to be a problem for decades until I happened to notice
something called a pantry moth trap.  There are plenty of entries via Google
search on those words, but I don't have an unopened pack to tell you about
what I can get here.  It's a flat cardboard that you fold into a triangular
"tube".  You open up a lure and stick it on the sticky inside of the trap.
Moths are attracted to the lure, and get stuck on the sticky stuff.  I
hardly ever see a moth now - except stuck in the trap.

I often wondered just how bad caterpillars and weevils were in the flour -
after all we must swallow loads we don't know about, and it can be scary to
sift flour and see these things there.  Eventually I read somewhere that the
problem is not so much in the creatures themselves, as in the stuff that is
inside them.  We don't always know where our great load of bad stuff comes
from; unintentional protein in grains may be one source.

Great fleas have little fleas etc. etc. etc.

Rowena

the stuff about the extra protein is funny unless you have these  critters.
If you have bad eyes and cannot see them, I also think it may  not be a
problem.