How nice it is that the lawgivers have now erected Borders for Bugs and Other Undesireables.

Hilarious.

stuff

At 04:14 AM 7/26/2006, you wrote:

Much of our food is allowed to be contaminated with "foreign material". That would include anything other than the food. Here is an example of what % is allowed in grain by the USDA:

<http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=829b3781c203638a98009e976608f4d2&rgn=div5&view=text&node=7:7.1.2.8.4&idno=7>http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=829b3781c203638a98009e976608f4d2&rgn=div5&view=text&node=7:7.1.2.8.4&idno=7

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-idx?c=ecfr&sid=829b3781c203638a98009e976608f4d2&rgn=div5&view=text&node=7:7.1.2.8.4&idno=7#7:7.1.2.8.4.8.118.4

-----Original Message-----
From: debbiegerar...@comcast.net [mailto:debbiegerar...@comcast.net]
Sent: July 25, 2006 11:17 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Bugs from Brown rice 2

I have had real small little critters before but this is the first time in my life I have had these ones...they came out of an unopened brown rice bag and the rice wasn't organic....debbie
From: "Carl & Deb Charter" <carl...@charter.net>
Hi Deb:

The best bet is to keep all your starches (flour, rice, cereal) in glass containers, or in the refrigerator. Make sure any pet food is a sealed container as well. That way if you do get pantry pest at least it won't spread to your other foods. Make sure you clean your pantry well. From what I understand, pantry pests are pretty common, ick!!

Deb