Morning Teri,

>> At 08:13 AM 9/2/2006, you wrote:
Since I have 20 Habenaro plants, 6 cayenne, and 1 Caribbean red I have plenty to make a tincture. My question is do you leave the seeds in when you grind in the blender???

   Yes, I used the seeds, core, and even the stem ends on some.
Others where the stem and end looked a bit abnormal, these were cut off.

The amazing thing about the hot peppers is the tissue thin walls, when compared with Bell and Banana peppers. Strange indeed.

I would mix the peppers if I had the variety.

Without any scientific basis, I think there are some ingredients in peppers that are good, other than the heat and the part that burns.

Would like to see a chemical breakdown on peppers, if anyone has any information or links to this.

I have always been a bit skeptical on most herbs because I feel they have been inadequately studied. Plus they are grown around the world in many soil types and a variety of conditions, drought, heavy rainfall, low sun, high sunlight, and you name it as to the growing conditions. Heavy rainfall will result in lower concentration of nutrients, flavors, and minerals. Low water makes greater concentrations. Poor nutrients in the soil has its effects also.

Where does this leave us?   Guessing as to quality.

Wayne