At 10:27 AM 9/2/2006, you wrote:

I would mix the peppers if I had the variety.

I forgot that I also have a hot lemon pepper plant also so could combine all of these. Sure should be hot :-)

Without any scientific basis, I think there are some ingredients in peppers that are good, other than the heat and the part that burns.

They are loaded with Vit C, and antioxidants like beta carotene

I have always been a bit skeptical on most herbs because I feel they have been inadequately studied. Plus they are grown around the world in many soil types and a variety of conditions, drought, heavy rainfall, low sun, high sunlight, and you name it as to the growing conditions. Heavy rainfall will result in lower concentration of nutrients, flavors, and minerals. Low water makes greater concentrations. Poor nutrients in the soil has its effects also.

I grow many of my own medicinal herbs so know the soil they are grown in. It is hard to determine the quality when you buy, but when I do I purchase from a reputable organic herb company myself. Herbs have century long use by many people which is better than any clinical trials the drug companies use. It is seldom you hear of someone dying from ingesting herbs compared to pharmaceuticals.

Teri
who is sipping a hot cup of habanaro and spearmint tea.