Dear Ken (Ode),

Several times in the past you've mentioned reducing or eliminating your
pollen sensitivity by "licking the windshield." I'm entering ragweed
season here which usually makes me miserable from late august through
the first frost. I'm going to try your technique.

Questions:

How much of the windshield do you lick? Just one good swipe, or do you
have to use the wipers afterward to be able to see again? <giggle!>

How long is enough time to collect a good sample, assuming I clean the
glass first to get rid of road grunge, bird droppings, and the like?
Overnight? An hour?

How long before you saw the effect you wanted?

Even if I can't entirely keep a straight face, I'm serious. It'd be
particularly interesting to try this right now since my dear bride is
convinced that it won't work. She's been taking allergy shots... for
months.

Thanks!

Mike D.