Dear Carlos,

Back in my earlier days of experimenting with CS, I went for a spell of
probably several weeks, taking several mouthfuls per day of fairly
concentrated CS (probably 20ppm or more, large particles, dark amber
colored). I started to feel tired and weak, with achiness in my large
muscle groups. It was starting to be painful to climb stairs, get out
of a chair, or otherwise haul myself around.

Then somebody on the list happened to describe the symptoms of acute
calcium deficiency, which matched what I was experiencing.

I asked Rosie to go to the store and buy me a half-gallon of orange
juice with added calcium citrate. After drinking a few glasses of that
over the course of a day, I was back to normal.

It turns out that our intenstinal flora is crucial to absorption of
calcium, and I had succeeded in disrupting mine.

So it can happen.

CS is indiscriminate in the germs it will kill. However, it works best
in a liquid environment, and least well in a solid medium. Thus it
tends not to disrupt intestinal flora unless you're particularly
aggressive with it.

Repopulating with probiotics or other aids is a prudent measure to
take, as it should greatly speed re-establishment of the healthy colony
of "friendly" bacteria we so depend on.

Be well,

Mike D.