Hi Terry,

> I suppose if the water tested at 15 ppm before the unit was turned on,
> then read 20 ppm after going through my setup, that would mean the extra
> 5 ppm was added silver. ??

It's a lot likelier to start at something like 347ppm and come out at
362ppm, Terry! Unless the dude is using rainwater from a cistern!

I think you'll want to use the faraday equation to estimate your ppm.

Shit! I just had a proper brainstorm...

Get a decent diameter length of PVC pipe, I'm thinking a few inches
across, plus end fittings to reduce it all the way down to hose
couplings or whatever else you need to mate with the existing plumbing.
Make sure you have a full diameter threaded cap or something on one end
so you can disassemble your chamber for service.

Electrodes should be silver ingots or coins, 1 oz each.

Now this is tricky to explain, but should be trivial to *DO*...

Drill a hole, 1/4" diameter through the side wall of your big PVC pipe.

Use a 1/4-20 nylon or teflon screw, head inside, thread end pointing
outward through the hole in the wall, and stack up the following:

A small, 1/4" rubber washer under the head;

1 ounce piece of silver, with 1/4" hole drilled in the middle;

1/4" brass washer, with copper wire soldered to one edge and fed out
through a smaller hole in the PVC under the silver piece;

A piece of thick, spongy rubber gasket material about the size of the
silver piece (pierce the wire through this to get to the smaller hole;

The wall of the pipe;

Plastic or brass washer;

1/4-20 plastic or brass nut, to squeeze everything together...

I *HOPE* you can visualize this. It's simpler than it sounds...

The 1/4" teflon screw ought to be plenty strong enough to squeeze down
on a fairly spongy gasket, and the gasket will be able to deform around
your brass washer, solder joint, and lead wire and seal its exit hole
as well as accomodate the curvature of the pipe wall. If nothing else,
mold a gasket in place out of silicone rubber.

You can put as many ounces of silver inside as you expect to consume
in, say, a month, just by mounting more ingots.

Put two rows of electrodes on opposite sides of the pipe, then use a
standard adjustable timer relay from Granger or other electrical supply
place, to automatically reverse the polarity every 30 seconds or
whatever, and you've got self cleaning electrodes, with wires brought
to the outside through waterproof seals all ready to hook to your power
supply. All of that inside a large diameter pipe that will slow the
flow rate down near the electrodes.

It has the virtue of being *serviceable* and not requiring any fancy
tools, machining or custom parts.

Now for some math...

Calculate the ppm you want to make, multiply it by the number of liters
in a batch, and you'll have the number of milligrams per batch.
Multiply that out over a month and figure the quantity of silver you
need in ounces. Figure on maybe 75% electrode consumption. Gives you
the number of ingots or coins to buy and mount.

10 ppm x 678 liters per batch = 6784 milligrams per batch ~~ 6.8 g

6.8g x 30 days x 1.333 electrode waste = ~272 grams = ~8.7 troy oz.

So it may take 8 or 10 ingots to medicate all the animal feed for a
month...

Silver Eagles are about $16 (US) or $18 (CD) apiece right now, so that
gives you an approximate cost for the silver.

Use the faraday calculator to get a rough idea of the current needed to
put enough ions in 10 gallons of water over a minute to make your ppm.
Adjust the voltage to get that current value and monitor it to see how
stable it is during the filling of the tank, and tweak as needed until
you're reasonably sure of the silver concentration.

Obviously size your wiring and power supply to the current required,
and observe all the grounding and safety precautions suggested already.

Weigh the silver at the end of the month to cross check your estimate
of concentration.

I can't think of much else that'd help you, but I'm sure there'll be
many details to work out still. Hope that helps, though!

Be well,

Mike D.