From: M. G. Devour [mailto:mdev...@eskimo.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2006 8:57 AM
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: RE: CS>Mink rancher

Dear Dan,

You write:
> I noticed you added a factor for electrode waste.  I don't think that
> is really necessary since with that kind of water flow all silver
> should go into the water, and since it is to be mixed with "food" who
> knows what sort of chemistry it will have - ions or particles, who
> cares?...  So the total silver is what I was concentrating on.

Given the geometry I was describing you couldn't allow the silver pieces
to completely erode away. You'd have water leaking out the holes the
wires come through, not to mention the wire and/or brass washer would
also start eroding and contaminating the water with copper, zinc,
nickel, etc... So I figure the coins (or bars) would be replaced when
they got thin enough they would start exposing stuff.

They would have to disassemble the cell and inspect the electrodes a few
times during the first month of operation to get familiar with how they
erode with use.

> It looks like you can buy 100 and 1000 gram ingots of silver.  Just
> pound them out or have a jeweler flatten them through some sort of
> roller press.

That sounds interesting. Where did you see those?

> Yes, I was on the low end of the silver cost estimate.  Cheap at even
> twice the price.

<grin>

Be well,

Mike D.