Morning Terry,

You have done a lot of thinking and sorting things out.

Most of our ideas did not fit in, and that is understandable.

None of us see the problem and the solutions as you do.

If we were there with you, we would all likely think differently.

The Water system has intrigued me because I have studied water systems a lot and done design work along these lines.

I may bring up some of these idea and questions later.

His well water is obviously rich in minerals and very
conductive. This makes me think he can brew adequate
ppm CS with the flow-through unit I have in mind.
     Yes, I agree and I think you will work that out also.

I have to figure out how to measure the approximate
ppm of silver he is brewing. The problem is that the
water is already very high ppm with other minerals.
The conductance type of testers only measured the
"ionic" silver, not the colloidal?? Yet, almost
certainly, most of what he is producing is colloidal
because of using well water.
   You know the age old theory, ........

"The problem clearly stated is half solved".

Any ideas on how to get a basic idea?

   I think there is one simple and accurate way to do this.

You may remember Mike D. mentioned this system a few weeks back. I did some measuring and weighing of silver wire.

I though this had been touched on in your thread, maybe by Dave
and Mike when they did some calculations on Weight and PPM.

I started doing some calculations and then realized you were not going to use the flow thru system so I stopped.

While it does not seem simple, easy, and quick to remove the silver wire or plate, you can design a system where as it is very easy.

You would need the most accurate scale you can get. I think a grain scale is good enough with .1 grain resolution which is 6.5 mg.

Record the weight of the silver at a start time.

After a specific time, weigh the silver again.
The calculations are simple and straight forward.

However, one thing is missing that must be provided.

That is a flow meter. There is a possibility that the flow rate fluctuates which would be the biggest source of error.

If it was reasonably consistent, this system would seem to be very reliable and accurate.

Actually, measurement of ppm with the best instrument in the world is still guess work as Ode and others have pointed out.

We run into all these same problems with plant nutrients.
The only way to know ppm is to weigh and calculate the nutrients, unless you have a laboratory situation and the budget of the Federal Government. In that case, accurate measurement tools for specific nutrients exist.

It would be nice if you could tell us a little more about the water system. I have been theorizing a lot, much of which is likely wrong.

Nevertheless, later I will post some questions, ideas and design criteria.

There was some mention of ideas on how to build the container for the silver electrodes. It does disserve special design to make it easy to work with instead of near impossible.

It appears you need some large silver electrodes.

I have a friend from Africa that used to be a book keeper for a silver mine. Maybe he still has contacts there.

Wayne