Thanks, Sol , Good suggestions, all of them. Will print them out when I get back to the library on Wednesday. Short of time, now. Ruth

From Ruth Strackbein

From: sol <sol...@sweetwaterhsa.com>
To: silver-list@eskimo.com
Subject: Re: CS>Re: Kefir etc candida
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 16:24:13 -0600

Ruth, I was never tested for candida, just went by my symptoms and a history of frequent female candida infections.

Good luck getting any accurate CS info from a medical doctor. Most aren't interested, except to warn a person away from it. CS cannot so far as I'm aware to date harm any organ of the body. He may be thinking of compounds such as silver citrate, but honestly most MDs don't know the difference, and could care less, and wouldn't believe anything to the contrary in any case. Unless the info comes from the FDA or big pharma they won't believe it.

I have never had such a mouth reaction as you describe, so don't know what it could be. This is where a water test meter (PWT or Com-100) would come in very handy. If you test your distilled water prior to making CS, you can make sure to use very pure water only, and if you test your finished CS, and subtract the reading of the distilled water you started with then you have some close idea of the ppm of your finished CS. Otherwise you are just guessing. FWIW, my SG-6, set where it should be making 8-10 ppm actually produces CS of around 5 ppm. In any case, starting with some previously made CS in the batch already (I do this deliberately to shorten brewing time) will not affect the auto shut off point of an automatic generator. It will be the same ppm at shut off, unless you changed the dial. A test meter (don't get a TDS meter, they don't read below 1.0 uS)won't give you 100% accuracy, but you will have a much better idea what could be going on, as well as a much closer idea of what ppm your finished CS is.

I did wonder if you could be sensitive to the slight acidity of distilled water and the finished CS? Theoretically distilled water (and therefore the CS made from it) should be neutral (ph 7). But in real life where I live, both purchased distilled water and my home distilled water are about pH 5 to 6. It doesn't bother me, but might be mildly acidic enough to bother you? Other than that guess, I simply have no idea why you get that burning sensation.

Might be worth getting some pH test strips and checking. You can get them at any pharmacy. You could also simply add a small pinch of baking soda to your CS and see if that changes the sensation in any way. Also it might be good to just drink some of your plain distilled water and see if it gives you the same sensation.

Anybody else have any ideas?
sol

ruth strackbein wrote:
My MD warned me about swallowing CS  .  Sounded like he
thinks it might have negative effects in my liver and other organs. I got concerned after reading a post from a woman whose son had similar sensations when swallowing CS. The last CS I made I had spilled the half maade CS about halfway through the process. Was trying to straighten the silver strips. Called Trem. He said just to fill up the jar and start over. I had started with 8-10 ppm setting on my Silvergen and now I wonder if the finished product was actually higher and my body wasn't ready for that. Ruth