Matt Mahoney wrote:
--- Richard Loosemore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

What I wanted was a set of non-circular definitions of such terms as "intelligence" and "learning", so that you could somehow *demonstrate* that your mathematical idealization of these terms correspond with the real thing, ... so that we could believe that the mathematical idealizations were not just a fantasy.

The last time I looked at a dictionary, all definitions are circular.  So you
win.

Sigh!

This is a waste of time: you just (facetiously) rejected the fundamental tenet of science. Which means that the stuff you were talking about was just pure mathematical fantasy, after all, and nothing to do with science, or the real world.

Richard Loosemre.