I have a Ph.D. in Nuclear Physics and I don't understand half of what is said
on this board (as well as the AGI board). I appreciate all simplifications that
anyone cares to make.

Eric B. Ramsay

Benjamin Goertzel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Shane,

Thankyou for being patronizing.

Some of us do understand the AIXI work in enough depth to make valid
criticism.

The problem is that you do not understand the criticism well enough to
address it.

Richard Loosemore.

Richard,

While you do have the math background to understand the AIXI material,
plenty of list members don't.  I think Shane's less-technical summary may
be helpful in helping those with less math background to understand what
AIXI and related ideas are all about.

Having talked to Shane about AGI a fair bit, I venture to suggest he does
understand your criticism, but just doesn't agree with all of it....

(I note that I don't fully agree with either you or Shane, but I think I do
understand both of your positions reasonably well.)

-- Ben G