On 6/22/07, Charles D Hixson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

And *my* best guess is that most super-humanly intelligent AIs will just
choose to go elsewhere, and leave us alone.

My personal opinion is Intelligence explosions, whether artificial or not,
lead to great diversity and varied personalities.

The coming artificial intelligence explosion, will likely present our
universe with many more different and opposing personalities than we see
amongst us today.

While I think it is likely we will come to see artificial intelligence that
will act in ways we will consider extremely positive and friendly, we will
also encounter intelligences whose actions we will consider extremely
negative and unfriendly.

Chances are we will see very eloquent and deeply reflectional artificial
persona, while there will also be the equivalent of irrational and seemingly
crazy artificial intelligences.

They will expand in diversity exploring the realms of possibilities. Some
will become obsessed with humanity, technology and or even space, while
others will simply not devote many or any resources to it.