From: Colin Tate-Majcher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 5:21 PM
To: singularity@v2.listbox.com
Subject: Re: [singularity] critiques of Eliezer's views on AI (was: Re:
Personal attacks)

When you talk about "uploading" are you referring to creating a copy of
your consciousness?  If that's the case then what do you do after
uploading, continue on with a mediocre existence while your
cyber-duplicate shoots past you?  Sure, it would have all of those
wonderful abilities you mention, but you would not.  I'd much rather
find a way to transfer my consciousness completely to synthetic
substrate.  I hope I'm just misunderstanding things because that sounds
horrible.