On 26/02/2008, John G. Rose <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There is an assumed simplification tendency going on that a human brain could
> be represented as a string of bits. It's easy to assume but I think that a
> more correct way to put it would be that it could be approximated. Exactly
> how close the approximation could theoretically get is entirely unknown.

It's not entirely unknown. The maximum simulation fidelity that would
be required is at the quantum level, which is still finite. But
probably this would be overkill, since you remain you from moment to
moment despite changes in your brain which are gross compared to the
quantum level.

--
Stathis Papaioannou